market-farming - Greenhouse Thermostat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Steinberg <mstein AT wclynx.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Greenhouse Thermostat
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 07:58:50 -0800

This is the first season that we will be seeding in our new 20 X 36
greenhouse and we are having problems with the proper wiring and adjustment
of our two stage thermostat. We use the thermostat only for cooling the
greenhouse, not for heating purposes. We have a 24" slant wall exhaust fan
on one end of the house and two 3X3 motorized vent shutters on the other
end wall.

In trying to wire the thermostat properly, I need to know the proper
sequence for the vent shutters and exhaust. Are all three supposed to come
on at the same time, or is one vent supposed to open first, then the
exhaust fan, and then when the 3 degree differential is reached, the second
shutter should open. I get various answers from assorted sources.

Mike Steinberg
Flying Frog Farm

  • Greenhouse Thermostat, Mike Steinberg, 02/26/2000