market-farming - mf postings

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "Marc & Marcy" <marc AT aculink.net>, "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, <debumper AT juno.com>
  • Subject: mf postings
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 12:19:44 -0500

Recently we've had a few posts of the sort to upset people enough to
unsubscribe. I hate to see this because we lose their valuable
contributions which we all need in conducting our businesses. When we
compose a post, let's (myself included!) try to remember to double
check them for unnecessary chitchat, conciseness, relevance & proper
addresses (can it be sent privately??). We all NEED this list, and
new
info from fresh viewpoints will keep it vital & stimulating---a
friendly exchange of serious information, spiced with just a hint of
enthusiasm for our profession!!

If you're unhappy with the list, please let the owners know--a problem
can't
be solved until we're aware one exists. And if you're thinking of
unsubscribing, please give the list a few days. Sometimes, there are
those who reach out to cyberfriends for a bit of relief from bad
weather, job pressures, lonely hearts, cabin fever, etc. Being
flexible is part of being a gardener/farmer, and as adults, we
can extend this flexibility to the list occasionally--as long as it
isn't abused.
If it is, then further recourse may be warranted by the list owners.

Respectfully,

Liz Pike
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville NC
ICQ 46954468

  • mf postings, Elizabeth Pike, 02/19/2000