market-farming - Re: Slow list today-fm customer perceptions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Betsy Levy" <blevy AT rsocsun.tamu.edu>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Slow list today-fm customer perceptions
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:52:55 -0600

I'm curious whether anyone has tried handing out a statement about
conventional food production and distribution, maybe describing the path a
grocery store lettuce follows - from harvest by underpaid disadvantaged
workers, then 2000 miles on a truck, then several days in cold storage, etc.
I'd be really interested to hear whether the complaining customers care
about this, whether they're uncomfortable with food from far away -