market-farming - Re: Help with Water Pump Selection

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: flowers AT rt66.com (Wilderness Flowers)
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Help with Water Pump Selection
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:36:07 -0700 (MST)

rose

we water 5 ac on drip approximately 140 beds using a 2 " gas driven water
pump homelite from northern tools ..from a pond we need to divide the field
in three sections to get adequate water pressure to each section but this is
very economical drip irrigation

our rise is about 10 feet but pump is rate to 28 feet and run on 2 " layflat
is 450 feet
each bed is 300 feet long with a moderate downhill slope

it is lot of water to store we ususlly irrigate 3-4 hours at ~9000 gph two
to three times a week
hope that helps
martin

>I'm developing a rainwater collection and delivery system for watering as
>much of the 2.25A garden as I can.
>
>I have a fair-sized barn with a metal roof which will shed a lot of water.
>I'll be putting rain gutters in and leading the water to drums.
>
>I need to pump the water out because the garden space is HIGHER than the
>water source.
>
>The water has to go a land distance of less than 400 feet with a maximum
>rise of 20 feet.
>
>Any ideas as to what size or type of pump I would need?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rose
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: flowers AT rt66.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')

Martin Connaughton
Wilderness Flowers
223 North Guadalupe St. pmb # 159
Santa Fe, NM 87501
zone 3-4-5 depending on mother nature .. zone 5 this year and no snow

5059898337 office
5057578337 farm april/november
5059203421 cell