market-farming - Re: Bone meal, dried blood

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shelley Pasco" <whistle AT halcyon.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bone meal, dried blood
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 14:29:24 -0800

Hi, I must say that I'm really impressed with your knowledge about this
subject. I'm still hesitant to use these products, but your information has
put me more at ease. I guess when we don't know enough, it's easier to be
overanxious.The only part I'm confused on is the cross-species thing. I've
heard that BSE originated as Scrapie in sheep--are they just two versions of
the same thing? I hadn't heard about being genetically susceptible either.
You must have done an awful lot of research about this. Thanks for
straightening me out.
Shelley
Whistling Train Farm
Kent, WA