market-farming - Corn Gluten

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT netins.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Corn Gluten
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 12:09:59 -0600

I have been hearing about using corn gluten as an organic weed control.
The Small Fruit Conference to be held later this month in Springfield,
Missouri has the use of corn gluten for weed control in strawberries on
their agenda.

I bought a bag of corn gluten at the local feed store, thinking I would get
a head start and put some on the strawberries, but I chickened out. This
stuff isn't certified organic and smells to high heaven. What was I
thinking??? I decided it would be prudent to wait until more information
is available on the subject. Does anyone here know about using corn gluten?

Marie in Missouri