market-farming - harvest carts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Michaele Blakely" <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: harvest carts
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:27:32 -0800

Hi list

I've been musing the last few years on rigging up some sort of harvest cart
similar to attachments that are behind large tractors. This month I saw in
a newsletter from Johnny's that a couple of people have done all the work
for me. I've sent for some plans and am going to try one out this year.
The one I had envision would be able to raise and lower depending upon the
crop you were working on, it probably would have to have some sort of power
if you went too high (like for bush beans). My question to you all is:
has anyone had any experience with a cart similar, and the pros and cons of
your experience?
You can access the web site that shows the cart and plans as well as some
other clever labor saving devices at http://bse.wisc.edu/hfhp
or call (608) 265-9451 they also listed a catalog that carried all the
supplies needed
(800) 533-5545
Michaele
Growing Things
Carnation Wa

  • harvest carts, Michaele Blakely, 02/02/2000