market-farming - Re: Rock Phosphate

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman-Owsley <goodows AT excite.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Rock Phosphate
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 07:04:42 -0800 (PST)

Liz contact your certifying agent and ask about the phosphate. That is the
ONLY person who can answer your question. I lost a lot of certifacation to
non certified organic cottonseed meal. Had coddled the land for 6 years, got
it certified, found we needed to lower the pH and found what we were assured
was organic cottonseed meal and proceeded to spread the stuff. Found out it
was not certified CM and lost certifacation. it was a bitch but we lived
through that and a drought last year and we are still in business but what I
learned was to get anything suspicious/unknown cleared with the certifyer
before application and always ask for papers.
Since you made clear what you wanted (got it in writing?) and they delivered
the wrong stuff you may want to litigate.
Hard lesson

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt CSA
New Paris, OH