market-farming - Re: Uncomposted manures and raw food product safety

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Uncomposted manures and raw food product safety
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:25:00 -0500

From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>

> But it might be a little off subject for this list to talk about
industrial
> farming's sanitary practices.

I very strongly disagree. We're all in the business of growing &
selling food (you can eat some flowers; } ), & we absolutely must be
safe about it or we could lose our farms, not to mention the bad press
our fellow farmers would be forced to deal with. I'm not an
industrial farmer, but I can learn from their mistakes. That's why
I'm organic!

Liz
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville NC