market-farming - Greenhouse spring plantings (fwd)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Greenhouse spring plantings (fwd)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:14:37 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 09:41:44 CST
From: Kay and Annette Fernholz <erfarm AT hotmail.com>
To: community supported agriculture <csa AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Subject: Greenhouse spring plantings

We are new in the greenhouse operation having just completed the
construction of our own greenhouse. We farm 2.5 acres of garden soil for a
CSA operation. This will be our first year of planting the seeds in a
greenhouse and then transplanting them into the garden soil. We are not
sure about a schedule as to when to plant the various seeds. We live in
west central Minnesota with cold winters and our ordinary time for planting
seeds in garden plots is late Qpril. Could you help us schedule our
seedling planting? What kind of soil mixture, temps, daylight amount of
time and any other helpful hints. We would really appreciate it much. Kay
and Annette Fernholz at Earth Rise Farm

<>

  • Greenhouse spring plantings (fwd), Lawrence F. London, Jr., 01/29/2000