market-farming - Re: EZup

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman-Owsley <goodows AT excite.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: EZup
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 08:43:33 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000 10:29:16 -0800, market farming wrote:

> Lucy - this email is just to you. How do the EZup attach to the
> ground. Our market area is concrete. Do the legs go into cement
> blocks? Bev.

They come with spikes for setting up on grass/dirt but this won't work well
on concrete or asphalt so we use bungie cords to tie the EZ-up to the truck
on one end and parking meters on the other. One market we sell at has a
concrete surface but with cracks in it and we put the spikes through the
cracks with no damage to the concrete. We have also hauled around buckets of
sand (about 80lbs ea.) and tied the legs to the buckets. If the winds are
above 25mph to 30mph we usually just take the thing down because those winds
have been known to either lift the shelter off the ground violently enough
to pull the spikes out of the ground ot rip the covering off of the shelter,
leaving only the frame. Fortunately we don't have those kinds of winds too
often. I believe for a lot more than we paid they make an EZ-up that will
withstand 40mph winds. More expensive models may have much better tiedown
systems too, I don't know-we got the cheapest one they make and it works for
us well.

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt CSA
New Paris, OH
Website: http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/boulderbeltcsa
Organic Farming and Gardening Forum:
http://www.InsideTheWeb.com/mbs.cgi/mb135705
Want Social Change? Join a CSA!

Visit http://freeworld.excite.com

  • EZup, Bev & Chuck Henkel, 01/29/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: EZup, KWallie, 01/29/2000
    • Re: EZup, Lucy Goodman-Owsley, 01/29/2000
    • Re: EZup, Robert Farr, 01/29/2000
    • Re: EZup, Hook Family, 01/29/2000