market-farming - Re: Netiquette

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Netiquette
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:36:40 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Hook Family wrote:

> out and ask for assistance. I send two I believe messages that I thought
> would go to the author only and not the list, yup both came to list. I hit
> reply not reply to all. It appears this list is formatted different than
> some other lists I am on. So other than sending a new message how does one
> send to author only? Thanks Beth

All you need to do is EDIT your To: header line in your outgoing
message. This usually involves cutting and pasting in the email address of
the desired recipient or manually typing in it to the To: line. That's
about all there is to it.

This list is set up to automagically send replies to the list. This keeps
desired input to the list from getting lost or forgotten when the reply
goes to the author who may not want his or her mailbox filling up with
private email replies to his posts to the list.

  • Netiquette, Marcie Rosenzweig, 01/28/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Netiquette, Hook Family, 01/28/2000
    • Re: Netiquette, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 01/28/2000
    • Re: Netiquette, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 01/28/2000