market-farming - flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: flowers
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:22:05 -0800

Hi list, Just remembered 2 years ago at the winter NOFA conference (this
year Feb. 5) I went to a class on selling flowers. I am no way going to
remember everything the teacher taught here is some:
group flowers that will be sold by the stem into monocolor buckets
when making bouquets put in one wierd thing. He said his wierd things were
unusual flowers or unusual wild stuff ie grass branch etc.
he also said he sprinkled rose oil around (sparingly) his booth he swore it
attracted buying customers.
Haven't tried any of above :) Beth

  • Re: flowers, Elizabeth Pike, 01/27/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • flowers, Hook Family, 01/28/2000