market-farming - Re: Hoop House Plans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hoop House Plans
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:20:28 -0500

Marie, here's the one I'm currently building. Tiny by other list
subscribers' comparisons, but it'll get me up & running-very inexpensively.
(I only need one for spring & fall season extension, & seed starting).

http://www.bae.ncsu.edu/bae/programs/extension/publicat/postharv/green/green
.html

The only change I am making is using a center support, and the greenhouse UV
plastic I spoke of in an earlier email. Regular plastic will disintegrate
quickly (within 3 months)in our heat. The greenhouse plastic is warranted
to last for 4-6 years. It has a special additive to keep condensation from
dripping, by causing moisture to flow down to the sides of the greenhouse,
where it won't affect plants. You can also order their Thermal Film, which
claims to allow the higest level of diffused growing light of any thermal
film. Plus, it offers high P.A. R. light transmission and contains the
condensate control additives also. It can be ordered in whatever size you
need from

http://www.hobbygardens.com/grenhous.html

They also sell the whole greenhouse package, minus lumber, and accessories
such as heaters, ventilation equipment, etc.

Liz Pike
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville, North Carolina