market-farming - Greenhouse design, was Re: Greenhouse/coldframe/cloche glazing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Terry J. Klokeid" <klokeid AT victoria.tc.ca>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Greenhouse design, was Re: Greenhouse/coldframe/cloche glazing
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 01:05:19 -0800

Adriana Gutierrez & Dennis LaGatta write:
>Check out this site from Mississippi State University. They have lots
>of greenhouse plans available:
>
>http://ext.msstate.edu/pubs/is941.htm

Thanks for the reference, it's a time-saver to get references like this.. A
search with Google turns up approx. 27,000 sites with greenhouse plans...

However, I am still hoping to find a post and beam design.
My timbers will be much more massive than the 2x materials that most plans
assume. That means that the problem of rotting away from humidity is much
less of a concern.

Terry J. Klokeid, Ph.D.
Amblewood Organic Farm
126 Amblewood Drive, Fulford Harbour
Salt Spring Island BC V8K 1X2
Voice/Fax (250) 653-4099
email amblewood AT mail.com

"On a trouvé en bonne politique, le secret de faire mourir de faim ceux
qui, en cultivant la terre, font vivre les autres." (Voltaire)