market-farming - Re: CSA year round production for Western WA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Glenn <glenn AT smallfarms.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CSA year round production for Western WA
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:47:01 -1000

Hey Martin:

I tried using the shrink wrap on a temporary hoop structure. There were
difficulties in making seals on the frames and getting the shrink wrap
to seal to itself in unsupported areas. Wind was a major factor.
Consider trying this in a protected area with only light winds.

Marcie is right in that clean up may be a mess with fragments of shrink
wrap falling apart on you as attempt to pick it up. So do repairs and
clean up long before UV deterioration begins.

Keep me/us posted on this, will you?

glenn
Buy from the Farmer
http://www.smallfarms.com