market-farming - Re: CSA year round production for Western WA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CSA year round production for Western WA
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:53:42 -0800

Douglas,

An excellent book for yur consideration is Winter Gardening in the
Maaritime Northwest: Cool season crops for the year-round gardener by Binda
Colebrook published by Sasquatch Books out of Seattle. I got my copy
through Territorial Seed Company. They're on the web at
http://www.territorial-seed.com

You may also want to get a copy of Growing Across the Seasons: A Season
and Harvest Extension Guide for the Small-Acreage Farmer published by UC
cooperative Extension in Placer and Nevada counties in northern California
(foothills) While this has some are specific data, there are good sections
on Market diversification, Mulches, Row Covers, Cloches, Cold Frames and
Greenhouses, and budgetary decision making.
It's available through Placer UCCE for $11.58 which includes taxes and
shipping. To order a copy, send a check made payable to UC Regents to UCCE
Placer 11477 E Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.

Marcie

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle Organic Farm
Auburn, CA