market-farming - introduction

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT Hart.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'market farming list serv' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: introduction
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:23:14 -0600

I'd like to introduce us : Paul and Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm, Smith
Grove, KY, 84 certified organic acres, grass finished beef and lamb, organic
veggies and cut flowers, potted perennials, year-round growing in unheated
high tunnels (unheated greenhouses, cold frames, hoop houses, whatever you
call them).

We market to retail customers in the town closest to us, Bowling Green. We
each have 25 years experience growing organically, and this farm has been
organic for 10.

We had an article on our winter growing published in the Jan issue of
"Growing for Market" and are planning to hold a day-long workshop on the
techniques this summer.

We're very glad to see a list serv devoted to the issues of market growing,
and hope for a lot of good information exchange.

Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
Smiths Grove, KY

  • introduction, Wiediger, Alison, 01/25/2000