market-farming - Congrats!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jeff Ishee" <farmsted AT cfw.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Congrats!
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 6:27:53

I must admit . . . It's exciting to see a new discussion group related to
market farming.
We've all witnessed some phenomenal growth in our sector of agriculture
during the past few years. I hope that the "market-farming" list will be
not only a true forum for producers and participants in this dynamic
vocation, but a continuous "electronic field day" where we all learn and
share effective techniques in production and marketing.
Might I be so bold as to suggest that we refrain from political and
philosophical matters, and yes, even those potentially provocative points
that we all enjoy pontificating in other lists. I would encourage
participants to stick to the subject matter as introduced by Marcie.

"making a living providing food and fiber to consumer-direct markets from
small acreage"

Again - congrats on the new discussion list. Let's learn from each other
and do great things for small-scale, high profit agriculture.

Jeff Ishee
Bittersweet Farmstead
Middlebrook, Virginia

  • Congrats!, Jeff Ishee, 01/25/2000