market-farming - Re: Granite dust

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Granite dust
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 12:15:51 -0500

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:43:41 EST, Earthfarm1 AT aol.com wrote:

>How do you know how much too apply? Does it break down so slowly that it

As much as you have the strength to apply and till in (rock quarry
fines).

>Might too much cause an imbalance, or tie up other minerals and nutrients.

Probably not.

>I've forgotten a good deal of Chemistry but what is the composition, formula
>for rock dust? Of course that will probably vary based upon type of rock.

Ask the quarry for the MSDS(s) (materials data safety sheet, I think)
for their stone(s), they will have this on hand and can make a copy of
it for you; contains the chemical analysis of the rock; you will see
if there are components that could cause problems in your soil. The
pyrophyllite fines I got contained .2 potash according to the MSDS
they provided.

>Frank

Lawrence F. London, Jr.<->Venaura Farm<->ICQ#27930345
mailto:lflondon AT mindspring.com<->mailto:london AT ibiblio.org
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech<->http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture
http://www.ibiblio.org/intergarden/orgfarm<->http://www.freetibet.org
PRESERVE AND PROTECT OUR LAND, SOIL, WATER, AIR & WILDLIFE

  • Re: Granite dust, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/01/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Granite dust, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/02/2001
    • Re: Granite dust, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/02/2001
    • Re: Granite dust, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/06/2001