market-farming - Re: I like Dennis Avery

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: I like Dennis Avery
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:36:22 -0500

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 13:56:16 -0500, robert schuler
<sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net> wrote:

>I like Avery and find him no more loony than some folks on the biodynamic
>side of ag.,

The biodynamic people are not loony. They are positive in approach
whereas Avery is almost totally negative. I guess you're willing to
ignore the CES agent who lost his job because of AVery, while
sticking up for organic, i.e. _us_. Avery and others just like him
exist in great numbers nowadays and do us great damage while takaing
advantage of the loony right wing political climate in the US. Just
listen to Liddy and Limbaugh. Maybe you do already; maybe you need to
do less of it.

>what I don't like are thick headed small minded people who refuse to listen
>to disenting
>opinions and try to squelch free speech

Sorry to dissapoint you, Robert, you're not likely to find anyone like
that in this list, convenient for you to rail against.

>Thirty years ago as a member of the back to the land movement we fought a
>tough
>establishment of agricultural bigots but look in the mirror, today we ARE
>the
>establishment, lets take a lesson from the past and not become entrenched ag
>bigots, but
>seekers of truth.

I doubt any of us are "entrenched ag bigots", more likely back to the
land smallfarmers keeping on keeping on worried about people like your
friend Avery and his employers robbing us of our fair and rightful
market share.

Wake up.

Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflondon AT mindspring.com
london AT metalab.unc.edu
http://www.ibiblio.org/london
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture

  • Re: I like Dennis Avery, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 11/15/2000