market-farming - Re: Jug Onions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Jug Onions
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:00:38 -0500

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 20:40:36 -0500, "Lawrence F. London, Jr."
<lflondon AT mindspring.com> wrote:

>Is this a type of multiplying onion? Some of the ones I am familiar
>with are potato onions and Egyptian or walking online. There are many

Well, I have heard of walking on water but never online, maybe thats
what those on-ramps to the Internet were intending to facilitate..

Walking onions they were. They grow tall and produce big seed heads
at the top, the weight of which, as the stem withers, causes the
seedheads to lay on the soil ahead of the plant, where the seeds
germinate.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu

  • Re: Jug Onions, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 03/10/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Jug Onions, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 03/10/2000
    • Re: Jug Onions, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 03/12/2000