market-farming - Re: wow

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: wow
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 05:59:51 -0500

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000 01:57:31 -0500, Dean Mullis <demullis AT InfoAve.Net>
wrote:

> This sounded like a great list when I subscribed, but yall seem to enjoy
> sniping and
>abusing one another and worshipping at the altar of the almighty deity of
>organic
>certification.

NOT AT ALL!! NOT NOW, NOT EVER!!. Haven't you read my
anti-certification posts the the old csa-l lists and sanet-mg over the
years? :-)))

Hang in there Dean and stay subscribed. We have many very
worthwhile contributors, even one who thinks that mandala-shaped
permanent no-till raised bed gardens arranged in fractal patterns is
cool.

>I have been that route and have forked over hard earned dollars for some
>fascist moron to come and critique my farm because I do not use chemicals
>but their
>assumption is that I do.
>I have been that fascist moron as a certification "agent" for CFSA, the NC
>version of
>organic certification.
>One of my main goals in 1989 was to be certified organic. And we were, but
>the background
>checks, the holier than thou attitude, the $185 fee to be certified and we
>received a cheap
>printed certificate and a roll of stickers that did not stick, Screw it!

I'm glad you finally saw the light!!!
I am totally against mandatory organic certification.

>I still fall under the strict guidelines of what organic produce is, mainly
>because we can
>and eat it also, but we do not promote it like we used too. Our stuff is
>fresh and clean,
>our customers know that.

>That suits us. I don't support CFSA anymore.

AMEN, brother, join the crowd.

Another organic grower who thinks CFSA is the biggest crock of
rat manure to come along since Earl Butz. What an incompetent
self-serving crowd. And what you have said is only a small part of
the anti-small organic farming activity they've been actively involved
in nearly since their origin. As a keen observer and former member I
can give you a running account of their nonsence over the years.

Lawrence

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu

  • Re: wow, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 03/07/2000