market-farming - Agriculture bibliography Part 31

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Agriculture bibliography Part 31
  • Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 01:33:36 -0500

Backyard Bonanza...an introduction to intensive gardening. By the
editors of Organic Gardening Magazine, and printed by Rodale. Short
(<50 pp.) but effective intro to high-yield growing beds. I saw no
mention of ways the investigating varmints can be used to increase the
nutrition value of a gardening effort <g>, but that's Rodale for you

Bardswell, Frances A. The Herb Garden, with illustrations by the Hon.
Florence Amherst and Isabelle Forrest. London: Adam & Charles Black,
1911. Hard cover, 173 pages, index, tables, paste-in color
illustrations. $20

Buchman, Dian Dincin. Herbal Medicine: The Natural Way to Get Well
and
Stay Well. New York: Gramercy, 1980. Hard cover with DJ, 310 pages,
index, drawings, list of resources. $12

Fox, Helen M. My Years in My Herb Garden. New York: MacMillan,
1953;
first printing. Hard cover with dust jacket, index, very good
condition. $9

Freeman, Margaret B. Herbs for the Mediaeval Household, for Cooking,
Healing and Divers Uses. New York: The Metropolotian Museum of Art,
1943. Hard cover, 48 pages, illustrated with drawings. Excellent
condition. $9

Gibbons, Euell. Stalking the Wild Asparagus: Field Guide Edition. A
field guide to edible wild plants. New York: David McKay, 1972;
reprint. Paper, 303 pages, excellent condition. $6

Complete Book of Composting by ? (boring, but informative)

Grow it! by Richard Langer

The Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman. R. R. Donneley & Sons, 1992

The Bread machine Cookbook IV (Whole grains & natural sugars) by Donna
German Bristol Publishing, 1992

Growing Food in Solar Greenhouses by Delores Wolfe (all the folks up
North)

Kadans, Joseph M. Modern Encyclopedia of Herbs: A comprehensive,
practical, up-to-date reference work covering hundreds of herbs:
common
names, cooking uses, botanical names, cosmetic uses, growing
conditions,
medical uses. New York: Parker Publishing, 1970. Hard cover with
dust
jacket, 256 pages, cross-referenced index. Very good condition. $12

Medsger, Oliver Perry. Edible Wild Plants. New York: McMillan,
1954.
Hard cover with DJ, 323 pages, photos, drawings, index, index of
scientific names. $14

Miloradovich, Milo. The Home Garden Book of Herbs & Spices: The
complete handbook on growing, preparing and preserving all culinary
herbs and spices--for the gardener, the homemaker, and the gourmet.
Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1952. Hard cover with dust jacket, 236
pages, index, list of botanical names. $10

Pond, Barbara. A Sampler of Wayside Herbs: Rediscovering Old Uses
For
Familiar wild Plants; illustrated by Edward and Marcia Norman. New
York: Greenwich House, 1974. Hard cover with DJ, index, bibliography,
color and B&W drawings and paintings, 126 pages. Excellent condition.
$14

How to Grow More Vegetables by John Jeavons (great book, I'm currently
using guidelines for my backyard garden)

Ramsbottom, John. Edible Fungi, with colour plates by Rose Ellenby.
London: Penguin, 1948. Hard cover, 45 pages, 24 color plates.
Excellent condition. $7

Ranson, Florence. British Herbs. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books,
1949.
Paper, 203 pages, illustrated with photos and drawings. Excellent
condition. $6

Rohde, Eleanour Sinclair. Herb Gardening. London: Medici Society,
1945; 2nd printing. Hard cover with dust jacket, 206 pages,
illustrated
with drawings, color & B&W photos. Very good condition. $9

Taylor, George M. British Herbs and Vegetables. London: Collins,
1947. Hard cover with dust jacket, 48 pages, color and B&W photos and
drawings. $8

The Handbook for Fruit Explorers by Ram Fishman North American Fruit
Explorers, 1986

NAFEX is an organization of people who experiment with fruit trees.
It
has a periodic newsletter which is consists of articles and letter
submitted by members.

Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew (1981 Rodale Press
0-87857-341-0). Read it.

ABC and XYZ of Beekeeping from the A.I.Root library

The Hive and the Honey Bee from Dadant Publications

How to Make $100000 farming 25 Acres by Wheatly

Successful Small Sacle Farming by Schwenke

The Contrary Farmer by Gene Lodgson

Christmas Trees by Lewis Hill

The Backyard Homestead Mini Farm & Garden Log Book

John Jeavons How to Grow More Vegetables by John Jeavons