lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Help write the Lyceum 1.0 press release!

  • From: bai.xiaoyu AT gmail.com
  • To: "John Joseph Bachir" <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Help write the Lyceum 1.0 press release!
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:57:35 +0800

On 10/8/07, John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
> Hi Folks.
>
> If you've been thinking about contributing to this, now is the time. The
> press release will be put together very soon.
>
> John

I think the following features were among the reasons why I choose lyceum

1. each user can have its own theme/templete (not editable by web
browser though)

2. each user can have its own workflow, e.g. comment/trackback
moderation or not; publish/unplublish articles;

3. More than one user can work as author, editor, admin, etc to any given
blog.

These make each individual blog a "website" on its own.

By reading the release I assume thet it aims at technical-savy
audience but not the general public or corporate decision-makers (who
are nothing-savy!). This makes sense since it's the technical staff
who make recommendations but still, a polished up version, focus on
software freedom (becoming more and more important because its
reliability and quality free support which comes thru freedom) and
commercial viability (I don't know how to put this one some web20
bullshit generator might help [1]).

I can combine the press release and throw it on my boss's desk!

[1] http://www.andrewdavidson.com/gibberish/
http://www.emptybottle.org/bullshit/