lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum-users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 11

  • From: "Kenneth Sherwood" <sherwood AT iup.edu>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum-users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 11
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:31:41 -0400

I use lyceum for class-based blogging. It would be great if the opening page included:

1. Link to User Dashboard
2. Link to Accounts Page
3. List of Blogs User can Access
4. Feed of recent posts to system/ or recent comments to users own blogs/ or recently active system blogs
5. List of System-wide blogs

This is a pipe dream, perhaps, but how about a configuration add-on that allows users to tag the blog itself with a relevant category (English_class_blog) and a portal tool that will subsort all system feeds as per categories ....  It would be a great community management tool.

I've been trying to persuade my institution that Lyceum is an enterprise level solution for student/faculty blogging needs. The relatively weak group-management functions and fact that their are no available service contracts seem to be the show-stoppers.

Kenneth Sherwood, PhD
Associate Professor of English
Graduate Program in Literature and Criticism
110 Leonard Hall
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Indiana, PA 15705

www.sherwoodweb.org