lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] how to enclouse a file hosted on archive.org in lyceum rss file

  • From: bai.xiaoyu AT gmail.com
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] how to enclouse a file hosted on archive.org in lyceum rss file
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:26:20 +0800

how to enclouse a file hosted on archive.org in lyceum rss file

I read at wordpress.org

> Using WordPress For Podcasting

> Podcasting is seamlessly supported as of Wordpress 1.5. Just link to an audio file in one of your posts and WordPress will automatically add the necessary enclosure tag to your RSS2 feed to make it useable as a podcast.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Podcasting

Nice~!  But I don't think this is true for lyceum. I tried.

> Archive.org issues

> Archive.org can be used to host podcast audio files but archive.org uses re-directs on the file paths it publishes - this confuses WordPress, and consequently, the Podcast publication fails (missing enclosure tag error).

> To avoid this error, if you are hosting your audio files on archive.org, you need to add a Custom Field called "enclosure" and paste the full url for the mp3 file in the Value field.

How to add this Custom Field? Would somebody please write a short wiki page on this?

Thanks in advance!

- 404

  • [Lyceum-users] how to enclouse a file hosted on archive.org in lyceum rss file, bai . xiaoyu, 08/15/2007