lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Spam registrations

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT asheesh.org>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Spam registrations
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 04:10:42 -0400 (EDT)

asheesh-

do you have regular expression filtering on for the email address?

parts of this was broken in .34, it's been fixed in trunk

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

I've been getting some spam blog *registrations* at blogs.jhu.edu -
Googling for "This past weekend was what we call weekend for my social
group. Yes I realize most other English speaking folks call it the weekend
as well, but this is something a little bit different" shows other people
similarly spammed.

What's a good way to avoid this? The spammers are signing up with the
right email addresses - does Lyceum have a feature like, "You can't post
until your email address is verified"? Are any of the rest of you having
this issue?

-- Asheesh.

--
John Bachir