lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] Spam registrations

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT asheesh.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] Spam registrations
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 09:19:49 -0400 (EDT)

I've been getting some spam blog *registrations* at blogs.jhu.edu - Googling for "This past weekend was what we call weekend for my social group. Yes I realize most other English speaking folks call it the weekend as well, but this is something a little bit different" shows other people similarly spammed.

What's a good way to avoid this? The spammers are signing up with the right email addresses - does Lyceum have a feature like, "You can't post until your email address is verified"? Are any of the rest of you having this issue?

-- Asheesh.

--
You own a dog, but you can only feed a cat.