lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Logging in issues

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Mark Pearson <markp AT earlham.edu>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Logging in issues
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 01:33:53 -0500 (EST)

Mark-- can you make a ticket describing the RE problem? Thanks so much!

http://wiki.lyceum.ibiblio.org/index.php/Trac_Guide

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Mark Pearson wrote:

Thanks for your help. You were right - it was a system problem. Mail
messages were taking an hour and half to get sent out!

But we (my mate Kevin & I) did discover a bug in how regular expressions
are handled in the System Settings : match email addresses:

The reg exp: /[A-z0-9]+@(?:cs\.|ke\.)?earlham.edu/ which should match
mark AT cs.earlham.edu or mark AT ke.earlham.edu or mark AT earlham.edu gets
stored in database field options : email_structure as
/[A-z0-9]+@(?:cs\\.|ke\\.)?earlham.edu/, ie with the backslash escaped
with another '\'. This wouldn't be so bad if the extra '\' was stripped
off when retrieved but it's not and so the reg expression fails. When we
change the db record and remove the extra backslash the reg exp worketh.

Cheers

Mark

lyceum-users-request AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Mark- This is most likely a system problem and not a Lyceum problem,
either with your machine, or with a firewall on your network. On Fri,