lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] Logging in issues

  • From: Mark Pearson <markp AT earlham.edu>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] Logging in issues
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:28:08 -0500

Thanks for your help. You were right - it was a system problem. Mail messages were taking an hour and half to get sent out!

But we (my mate Kevin & I) did discover a bug in how regular expressions are handled in the System Settings : match email addresses:

The reg exp: /[A-z0-9]+@(?:cs\.|ke\.)?earlham.edu/ which should match mark AT cs.earlham.edu or mark AT ke.earlham.edu or mark AT earlham.edu gets stored in database field options : email_structure as /[A-z0-9]+@(?:cs\\.|ke\\.)?earlham.edu/, ie with the backslash escaped with another '\'. This wouldn't be so bad if the extra '\' was stripped off when retrieved but it's not and so the reg expression fails. When we change the db record and remove the extra backslash the reg exp worketh.

Cheers

Mark