lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] Upgrade 0.34

  • From: DaveG <lyceum AT solidgone.com>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] Upgrade 0.34
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:40:09 -0500

1] Just found out 0.34 had been released. I'd like to recommend that new releases also get posted to the mailing list. I for one check this frequently, and the website rarely. Also could someone point me to a list of changes made? This list should be part of the .gz file as well as the website and mailing list post (at least a link anyway).

2] I had a problem with the upgrade. Because I wanted all Lyceum folders at the same level, I originally made a change to private.php. When I did the upgrade I simply uploaded all files in the .gz overwriting the originals. The error I got was:

"There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file. Double check that you updated wp-config-sample.php with the proper database connection information and renamed it to wp-config.php."

I tracked the problem down to the private.php, remade the changes, and everything was fine.

3] Perhaps the upgrade.txt could be changed to reflect this, or at least to point out that changes to private.php will be overwritten.

4] A better solution might be to move private.php into the config folder, since it's clearly a user based configuration, and should not be overwritten anyway.

Other than that a painless upgrade from 0.33 to 0.34.

~ ~ Dave