lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] search bug 0.34

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Juan Arias <juanito_budapest AT yahoo.es>
  • Cc: Lyceum <lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] search bug 0.34
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 02:03:33 -0500 (EST)

Juan-

thank you so much for your patch!

One thing though: it seems like your code numbers seem to be +7 off. Maybe you had some other code changes above these changes?

john

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Juan Arias wrote:

Just downloaded new version, it´s looking pretty nice, good job!
I found that the search mechanism hasn´t changed much, and it was still not returning empty search results to me . . .it
was NOT updating SQL´s WHERE clause when no results where found that matched user´s query...
¿working as intended?
If not, It can be resolved by making simple changes to lib/wp-includes/clasess.php :

1. comment line 435
2. Replace lines 477-481 with the following :

if ($searchresults) {
$searchresults = implode(',',$searchresults);
$search = "
AND (`$wpdb->posts`.`ID` IN ($searchresults))";
}
else { // No results, shouldn´t return anything
$search = " AND (1 = 0 ) " ;
}
Hope that helps if it wasnt looked over during revisions...

--
John
----