lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] organizing lyceum with "static" subdomains?

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Stephen G <sgreszcz AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] organizing lyceum with "static" subdomains?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:52:22 -0400 (EDT)

stephen, subdomains are supported by default. check out the installation documentation. also this might be more up to date:

http://wiki.lyceum.ibiblio.org/index.php/Installation_Guide

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Stephen G wrote:

Hi there,

I am looking at creating a set of family blogs using subdomains under a main
domain. The main domain homepage will contain links to and some content from
the subdomain blogs. Once I have the main framework installed I would like
to add themes and embed photo galleries and other fun things like that to the
subdomain blogs. I would like to know if lyceum can work as the core of this
project. I am pretty new to web servers, php, and apache configuration, but
I am quite technical and can program.

The site hosting my web pages uses CPanel as the interface (no command line
here). I have successfully installed lyceum to use paths
(http://domain.com/lyceum/blog1) rather than domains, but I can't figure out
how to properly configure it using subdomains the way I want. I will be
creating the subdomains sub1.domain.com, sub2.domain.com, etc. through CPanel
in advance.

The root of my server is found in /public_html/ and is accessed by
http://domain.com
The subdomains are installed in /public_html/sub1 (accessed by
http://sub1.domain.com), /public_html/sub2 (accessed by
http://sub2.domain.com), etc. and each of the domains and subdomains can have
their own .htaccess file.

I would like to install lyceum in /public_html/lyceum/ so I don't clutter up
the root web directory (/public_html/).

Can someone point me in the right direction or give me some advice if this
can or cannot be done with lyceum?

Thanks,

Stephen