lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Changing base directory

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Jameson Lopp <fusion AT ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Lyceum <lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Changing base directory
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:45:46 -0400 (EDT)

And a reinstall won't be necessary after this ticket is done...

http://source.ibiblio.org/trac/lyceum/ticket/602

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006, Jameson Lopp wrote:

And for my final email, it turns out that if you change WEBROOT you
really have to do a reinstall due to deeper problems which break all the
links in the blogs... so I'll add a reference to this in the
installation guide so that people can decide beforehand about their
directory structure / alias and not have to reinstall later.

- Jameson

Jameson Lopp wrote:
As I was writing up the wiki at
http://wiki.lyceum.ibiblio.org/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions I
noticed something else:

The important thing to note is that you will need to alter the WEBROOT
variable in your wp-config.php to match the alias. However, if you
change WEBROOT then you must either reinstall Lyceum (to update the url
rewriting rules) or manually edit one line of the .htaccess file which
is created in /src/lyceum as follows:

# BEGIN Lyceum

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /lyceum

Just update the second part of the "RewriteBase" directive to match the
alias you created.