lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Changing base directory

  • From: Jameson Lopp <fusion AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Lyceum <lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Changing base directory
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:58:29 -0400

The easiest thing to do (what i have done) in order to have a prettier URL, which I'll add to the wiki, is to add an alias to your server's configuration. I'm not sure how to do it in IIS, but for apache you simply add a line like this:

Alias /lyceum /actualpath/lyceum/src/lyceum

or on windows:

Alias /lyceum "C:\Program Files\yourserver\path\lyceum\src\lyceum"

This is of course, assuming you are the admin of your server, otherwise you'll need to ask your admin to create an alias.

- Jameson

Sebastian P. wrote:
Hi:

I have installed and run Lyceum and it is working
pretty good. This is what I was looking for. Now I
have some questions that I could not find in the list.

I have installed Lyceum under:
http://myhost/lyceum/src/lyceum

I would like to have it only under :
http://myhost/lyceum and have all the subdirectories
under src/lyceum in one directory, so I guess it
would ended with something like this:

http://myhost/lyceum/ajax/ http://myhost/lyceum/js/
http://myhost/lyceum/smilies/
http://myhost/lyceum/wp-admin/
http://myhost/lyceum/wp-content/

But my question would be, how about directories at the
level of http://myhost/lyceum/src that exist right
now?, can they be included all in one directory ?

something like: http://myhost/lyceum/bin
http://myhost/lyceum/config
http://myhost/lyceum/lib
http://myhost/lyceum/installation