lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] Subdomain access

  • From: DaveG <lyceum AT solidgone.com>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] Subdomain access
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:08:00 -0400

I'm thinking of moving from MU to Lyceum because MU seems to be unable to support clean URL's effectively. Here's what I'd like to do:

1] Install Lyceum in a sub-directory off of root. I'd simply rather not fill root up with a whole bunch of files.

2] Have users access their blogs using URL's of the format: username.domain.com (I'd rather not have to use username.blogs.domain.com).

3] I'll want to use other software on this domain, so I do not want to use or set a document root.

That's it. Can this be done with Lyceum?

Setting up a wildcard DNS is not a problem, nor is writing .htaccess rules.

~ ~ Dave