lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum success stories?

  • From: "Shahrooz Bhopti" <drivencompassion AT gmail.com>
  • To: "tom poe" <tompoe AT fngi.net>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum success stories?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:14:36 -0400

I've been having some difficulty up 'til now, but most def see the sun coming up on the horizon ;-)

Our main problem has been trying to figure out how to have blogs broken down by visible categories in the url:

eg...
subcategory.domain.com
sub1.subcategory.domain.com
suba.sub1.subcategory.domain.com

ps. LOVE the new logo!!  Lyceum is getting quite tasty!

- shahrooz

On 7/21/06, tom poe < tompoe AT fngi.net> wrote:
Dave Pentecost wrote:
> I'll have to take a look at that list. But there have to be more than
> that. And we should put responses to this thread on that wiki.
>
> Come on folks, give us some details! Sesiri?
>
> Dave
>
> On 7/21/06, John Joseph Bachir < jjb AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
>
>> I would also be interested in tales of success and frustration.
>>
>> Dave, not sure if you saw this list of Lyceum installations:
>>
>> http://wiki.lyceum.ibiblio.org/index.php/Featured_Lyceum_Installations
>>

>> On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, Dave Pentecost wrote:
>>

>>> Hi folks
>>>
>>> This list is invaluable for people having problems installing or using Lyceum.
>>>
>>> But I would just like to hear some success stories. Easy installs?
>>> Good hosts? How many blogs are you running? How are you using it?
>>>
>>> I know there must be other people like me who are getting ready to
>>> deploy and would love the encouragement. And the developers deserve
>>> some encouragement also!
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Dave
>>>

>> --
>> John
>> ----
>> aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
>> 713.494.2704
>> irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
>> http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
>> http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/

Dave:  We're looking at Lyceum 0.33!  This is new territory for
everyone.  Jump in, and help everyone.  Will you be using an ibiblio.org
account?  I'm using an ibiblio.org account, and have not had good
success, as of 0.32.  To put that in perspective, I'm one that has just
a little trouble with fundamentals.  For instance, today was exciting.
I learned that /lib is not where most folks place their libraries.
/usr/lib/ or /usr/local/lib is better suited for libraries of packages
on Fedora Core distributions (not related to lyceum, by the way).  :)

If this project is your introduction to ibiblio.org, I think you'll be
impressed with the entire ibiblio.org team.  Hope you join in, and help
us all with your experience.
Tom