lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] mailings not sending

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] mailings not sending
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:40:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Michael Gilbert wrote:

On Jun 12, 2006, at 11:25 AM, Brady J.Frey wrote:

So sorry. I didn't know about the plugins. I meant adding new
users and their blogs.

It SHOULD be emailing new users their passwords as you create them
-- have you been able to send an email from that application to
yourself successfully in the past?

No, my Lyceum installation has never sent any email, to my knowledge.

Is there email related configuration that is needed? I don't recall
any from the instructions about the config file.

it's probably a problem with your server configuration, either php or an outgoing firewall. if you know php, you could try writing a simple script that uses the mail() function, and see if that works..