lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Managing individual blog preferences

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Managing individual blog preferences
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 17:43:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Brady J. Frey wrote:

I simply expected a link next to the blog in 'manage blog' in the system admin -- Wordpress MU does this with a 'backend' button in it's site admin blog listing. Your way is obvious, and it makes sense to me -- but since I didn't have documentation, I wasn't aware of the URL adjustment. However, for some of my learning developers, putting a dynamic list of the blogs with a link to their site + administration rather than a drop down menu would be more user friendly. I will probably end up styling the site-admin as well, and may do some php for that when I finish the front end this week if you'd like the code?

Brady- thanks for your thoughts. We would CERTAINLY like the code. You can either submit a patch through the trac system, or, if it's easier, just email me the source files.

Also, regarding blog selection, admin link placement, etc, if you have any ideas for how this could be improved, go ahead and make tickets on the trac system:

http://source.ibiblio.org/trac/lyceum/

click "new ticket" in the upper right.

thanks!

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/