lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] improved installation process

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] improved installation process
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 14:11:35 -0500 (EST)

is the .htaccess file being generated, in src/lyceum?

check for errors being printed in /tmp/lyceum_errors

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006, Mischa Beitz wrote:

I've used the standard directory structure and apache 2.0.X. I edited
httpd.conf to set a virtual host for lyceum:

<VirtualHost [127.0.0.0]>
ServerAdmin root@[example.com]
DocumentRoot /home/[example]/lyceum/src/lyceum
ServerName lyceum.[example].com
ErrorLog logs/lyceum.[example].com-error_log
CustomLog logs/lyceum.[example].com-access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

The rest of the system seems okay to the best of my knowledge. Going
to the site URL (http://lyceum.example.com/) gets the Portal.php.
I can access the system-admin pages okay with
http://lyceum.example.com/system. It does seem to authenticate me as
admin.

I successfully created a test user (same 404 on
http://lyceum.example.com/profile) and then attempted to go to the
testblog, and got another 404, at http://lyceum.example.com/1.

I should add, I explicitly made only the directories and files ID'ed
in the Installation.txt writable by the web-server user:

src/lyceum/
src/lyceum/wp-comments-posts.php
src/lyceum/wp-content/blogs/

I'll send more details as I think of them. Any ideas?

mischa