lyceum-dev - Re: [Lyceum-dev] [Lyceum-users] Uploads

lyceum-dev AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org, lyceum-dev AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-dev] [Lyceum-users] Uploads
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:47:55 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, DaveG wrote:

Okay, I've found the setting. Login to WP as the Admin. Goto System
Settings. There are settings for:
1] wp-content_file_path:
2] File upload base url. This needs to work with wp-content_file_path
above.

1] is set to the full server path of the blog directory:
/home/user/public_html/domain/lyceum/wp-content/blogs. Is this correct?
2] If the uploads directory lives under the path in 1], what should
"File upload base url" be set to?

You have that set correctly. [2] will not matter, for the problem you have having. The problem is that php incorrectly thinks that it can't write to the filesystem. When I was trying to solve this problem, some folks thought it might be an issue with SE (security enhanced) linux. As far as I can tell the machine I was working on did not have this enabled, so I am still searching for the solution.

--
John Bachir
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/

  • Re: [Lyceum-dev] [Lyceum-users] Uploads, John Joseph Bachir, 01/22/2007