lyceum-dev - Re: [Lyceum-dev] Questions regarding development

lyceum-dev AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: David Raison <david AT ion.lu>
  • To: lyceum-dev AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-dev] Questions regarding development
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 00:21:41 +0200

Hi again,

sorry for the delay, but under the recent load of spam, Thunderbird even thought this mail was one of them.
3. This is a very specific question: Your lyceum_create_blog_from_username script supports giving the blog as an argument. Your not doing this though (not even offering a formular field), is there a particular reason to this or not?

I'm not sure what you are referring to. What do you mean by "script"? is it a function somewhere? something in the interface? let us know. (the better place for support questions is on the lyceum-users list or in the irc room).
Oh, I'm sorry, I meant function. It's in lyceum/src/lib/wp-includes/registration-functions.php on line 167.
The function is called in the blog management page of the lyceum system settings tool.

I've seen though, that one can add a user and a blog in the same go using the "register user" page (http://server/lyceum/register), which kind of makes calling lyceum_create_blog_from_username() with a blogname obsolete. (I'm yet to discover if one can keep users from ticking that box, in order to keep them from choosing blog names themselves)
What I did was simply adding an input box to allow me to give the newly created blog a customized name, which is much nicer than "user_blog_#"

I'll have a closer look @ the system settings pages again tomorrow and see if I can/need to fix any of your tickets right there.

cheers,
David R.