livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Make an Easy, Inexpensive Mini-Greenhouse With Low Tunnels

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: dhondt <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Make an Easy, Inexpensive Mini-Greenhouse With Low Tunnels
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 22:34:31 +0000

A bit cheaper than what I build here out of 1/2''rebar covered in 3/4 '' water pipe. Even with that our tunnels (4 by 8 meters and about 2 meters high) get a rough life in high winds but we utterly depend on them for tomatoes, cucumbers and many other crops that would not produce outside.
We also use "low tunnels", called cloches here, consisting of two metal bars bent in a letter A shape that take a sheep of corrugated clear plastic(8 foot long). The legs of the letter A push about a foot into the ground and this can easily be moved to another spot. Several units can be put out in a closed line and with a perspex door at each end are quite wind proof.
John

Make an Easy, Inexpensive Mini-Greenhouse With Low Tunnels

http://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/garden-tools/mini-greenhouse-zm0z13fmzkin.aspx?newsletter=1&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11.11.15%20MEN%20DIY%20eNews&utm_term=DIY%20eNews