livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] In 'Organic Life, ' The Making Of America's First Certified Organic Restaurant

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: herb farmer <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] In 'Organic Life, ' The Making Of America's First Certified Organic Restaurant
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 20:32:27 -0600

I believe you. I'm not certified and grow organic anyway. But there's more from where I see it. Here any certified grower can grow more of the same certified crop somewhere else and sell that chemically grown crop alongside their certified crop. Or just buy it and resell it. No one would know. Of course no one would know if certified crops had synthetic fertilizer and pesticides. Why? Because certification never uses tests to verify it's organic. It can't. With so many chemicals in use to test for, the cost would bankrupt any grower. So just how organic is all of this stuff? Especially in the supermarket chains.