livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] In 'Organic Life, ' The Making Of America's First Certified Organic Restaurant

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: John D'hondt <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] In 'Organic Life, ' The Making Of America's First Certified Organic Restaurant
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 20:31:04 +0100

We have been eating organic for some 30 years so I know it is possible, especially if you should have your own farm.
However...I can only pity the poor people if they have to fill in as much paperwork as we had to when we were certified organic.. It cost us about 200 hours per year to keep the papers in order. It would have been more than two people full time would have been able to cope with if we had been a restaurant.
John

In 'Organic Life,' The Making Of America's First Certified Organic Restaurant

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/05/12/404984547/in-organic-life-the-making-of-americas-first-organic-restaurant