livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Kale

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: John D'hondt <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Kale
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 20:59:01 +0000

I Have occasionally bought seeds from realseeds good quality and service. They even advice people to save their own seed from the varieties they sell.
We have no problems with kale outside over the winter as long as we can plant the seedlings in August so that they are strong enough before the real bad weather hits us. The flowering in Spring is something to be seen and they are the main food source of many a bumble bee here.
John