livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Menu for a Hot Planet (wrong in so many ways)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Menu for a Hot Planet (wrong in so many ways)
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 21:22:28 +0100

Well, it is a repetition of all the old myths and very few of these stand up to a critical look.
Hunter gatherers having an easy time is only true when there is big game (big enough to feed a family for a week) in big numbers and humans have good long distance weapons.
And human numbers reaching 10 billion some time in the near future... Humans only managed to reach over the 1 billion because of oil and we have reached peak oil and the carrying capacity (sustainable number) of the planet for humans is now not much bigger than 200 million.
And so on. You don't need any pesticides for no-till but of course you are limited as to acreage because it means more work.
John

anyone want to punch holes in this? before I do

Menu for a Hot Planet (wrong in so many ways)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-feffer/menu-for-a-hot-planet_b_5881068.html