livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Chefs, Breeders Pair Up To Create Tastier Vegetables

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Chefs, Breeders Pair Up To Create Tastier Vegetables
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 21:39:26 -0600

Chefs, Breeders Pair Up To Create Tastier Vegetables
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/31/tastier-vegetables_n_5743990.html

that'll be a first...

actually we started selling a lot more when we decided to grow varieties for flavor, not just to have something for everyone regardless. after all you can buy all sorts of produce at China-Mart, you just can't taste it

there's a lot of people selling 19 kinds of tomatoes they've forgot the names of. we grow one kind, our own strain (selective seed saving) of Costoluto Genovese

http://store.tomatofest.com/Costoluto_Genovese_Tomato_Seeds_p/tf-0125.htm
http://www.monticelloshop.org/600061.html

  • [Livingontheland] Chefs, Breeders Pair Up To Create Tastier Vegetables, tradingpost, 08/31/2014