livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] disturbing

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] disturbing
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 23:47:33 +0100

Interesting articles although I fear that the first one is a bit too optimistic as to expected time of collapse. 25 years in the future would make sense if climate change were a linear progression which it is not. We are just about now entering a new positive feed back loop where diminishing sea ice will let sea water absorb a lot more solar energy which will speed things up a lot.

The second article is more controversial imo. For instance I do not see American bulk food imported into Europe noticeably rise in price. There is no big food price inflation here for now, quite often the contrary.
Other than that and in reference to the Ukrain situation the article mentions, I do not think that the author as seen all the information that is available outside the MSM. I do not think there is any chance that Putin will make a grab for the Ukrain for this is exactly what NATO and the US want him to do since that would be an excuse for a new war (WW3?) that would stop people worrying about food and more about having a nuclear shelter. Russia does not need or want a perpetual Orwellian war as the US does.
In one of Putin's recent speaches he compared having a conversation with Obama like having a chess game with a pigeon. "The pigeon pushes over all the chess pieces, does a shit on the board and then struts around as if it had won the game..."
Imo the inevitable end of the US $$ as a global reserve currency will probably be speeded up conciderably by the NATO- Ukrain incursion and gas prices in Europe could go up like a rocket soon. Russia will not make a grab for a dead albatros.

John

USDA Report Foresees Collapse of Agriculture
http://www.dailyimpact.net/2013/02/08/usda-foresees-collapse-of-agriculture/

Don’t Like Global Warming? How About Global Rioting? FOOD
http://www.dailyimpact.net/2014/05/29/dont-like-global-warming-how-about-global-rioting/#more-2218